Canonical tags have been introduced to the SEO community for more than a decade since 2009. They are considered one of the best inventions by SEO experts. There are duplicates of contents when searched in the search engines. This is where the canonical tags play their role.
What do you understand by SEO canonical tags?
“Canonical” means related. The SEO canonical tag avoids duplicate or “identical” material from displaying on various URLs, which might cause difficulties.
When we use the term canonical tag, we mean it is a small segment or a piece of HTML code that specifies the main version that is either similar, a copy, or closely related to the actual pages.
In simpler terms, if there is similar content or comparable content available over various URLs, SEO experts recommend using canonical tags. The most crucial version should be indexed in such cases.
How is an SEO canonical tag represented?
SEO canonical tags are put in the header section of a web page and have a uniform and straightforward syntax and is represented as: <link rel= “canonical” href= “https://example.com/sample-page/”/>
If we explain it in simpler English and break down the code in smaller parts it would mean:
- link rel here means “canonical“: This tag’s link points to the page’s original (canonical) version.
- Href means “https://example.com/sample-page/”: This is the canonical version’s URL.
Why is a canonical tag so important?
Duplicate or exactly similar contents are a complicated subject leading to confusion among readers. Similarly, when browsers scrawl multiple URLs with similar (or closely related) content, it may lead to a number of SEO-related problems.
It also makes them confused to choose the preferability because of the following factors:
- Which version (the original or the related) of a page should be indexed (just one!)
- For relevant inquiries, which version of a page should be ranked.
- Whether “link equity” should be consolidated on a single page or distributed over different editions.
- Besides, in case a search engine comes across multiple duplicate contents, there is always a chance that the comparatively unique content loses its importance.
- Secondly, when there is duplication of contents on a broad scale, it dilutes the site’s ranking. In such instances, if your site does not fall under the proper hierarchy, the search engines may direct it to the original URL. When SEO canonical tags are used, it helps to control the duplicate contents.
The Best practices while using canonical tags
The concern about content that is duplicated is challenging to resolve. Therefore, while utilizing the canonical tag, some factors must be tried to be maintained, which will be helpful.
- Self-referential canonical tags are considered good: If there are multiple duplicates of a particular URL, the canonical tag referring to one URL is a good practice.
- Canonicalize your home page ahead of time: Given the prevalence of duplicates of the homepage and the fact that readers tend to link with the homepage of a site in various methods. A canonical tag that is used on the template of the homepage is usually considered brilliant to avoid unforeseen difficulties.
- Powerful canonical tags must be double-checked to avoid errors: When a site has incorrect code, it must have used a dissimilar canonical tag for each URL version (entirely missing the whole point of the canonical tag). Therefore the URLs must be properly-checked, specifically on CMS-based sites and e-commerce sites.
- Abstain, sending miscellaneous messages: If various messages are transmitted, the search engines may ignore or misinterpret a canonical tag. If you can prevent it, chaining canonical tags is not a bright idea. Send unambiguous signals; otherwise, search engines will make poor decisions.
- Canonicalizing near-duplicates should be done with caution: Most people associate canonicalization with exact duplication. On near-duplicates, the canonical tag can be used, but in such cases, proceed with caution. Typically, it is acceptable to use canonical tags for sites that are similar, for example product pages which differ only in location or currency, or a single material attribute. But non-canonical versions for that particular page may not be suitable for ranking during a search. Search engines may disdain the tag if the pages are too dissimilar.
- Remove cross-domain duplicates by canonicalizing them: It is acceptable to use the canonical tag between domains of sites with the same owner. The canonical tag concentrates the ranking power on a single site. Remember that canonicalization will prohibit sites that are non-canonical from ranking. Therefore, it is crucial to note this application is appropriate for your needs.
- Ensure that the canonical URL is reachable: Sometimes, the search engine redirects to a different URL or URLs with 404 error codes. Robots. txt-blocked URLs are also a common thing. Therefore, canonicalize URLs that are allowed in your robots.txt file and return a 200 response code. A site’s XML sitemap must include a canonical URL. Look for noindex tags in canonical URLs.
- If you’re using a program that generates canonical tags dynamically, double-check them. Some plugins and CMS platforms may generate a unique self-referencing canonical for each URL published on your site, defeating the point of URL canonicalization.
- Make use of absolute URLs: Always include the whole URL when adding a URL to a canonical tag. This means that the URL must have the following elements:
( HTTP:// The www The.com ) a portion of the domain name. They are referred to as “Absolute URLs,” Whereas “Relative URLs” are URLs that include the part following the “.com”. They aren’t recognized by Google when it reads the canonical tag. When an absolute URL is not provided, the search engines will ignore it.
Avoid these canonicalization blunders.
There are some of the most typical blunders people make while attempting to canonize:
- Through the use of robots.txt blocking the URL that is canonicalized.
- ‘noindex’ setting must be done for canonicalized URL.
- 4XX HTTP status code must be set for the canonicalized URL.
- Every single paginated pages must be canconized to the root page.
- Canonical tags should not be used with the hreflang.
- Using various rel=canonical tags.
- in the <body> Rel=canonical has to be avoioded.
Canonical tags are a signal to search engines rather than a direction. There are inspection tools that generally show both the Search Engine selected canonicals or the ones selected by the user, in the Google Search Console.
Also Read :
- What is Seo
- What is White Hat Seo
- What is black hat SEO
- How do Search Engines work
- Types of SEO Tactics
- Negative Seo
- What is Gray hat Seo
- What is a Title tag in SEO
- What are meta description tags
- What Are Meta Keywords Tags
- What are Seo HTML heading tags
- What is Seo optimized Domain Name
- What are SEO canonical tags
A domain is a name used for a website on the internet. The URL visitors type into their browser to get to your website.
The domain is the first component of a domain name (that comes before the dot), and the domain extension is the last portion (after the dot sign) in the domain, and “.com” / “.in” / “.org” are the extension.
While registering for a domain name, you must select both the domain and the extension based on the nature of your website.
What is the significance of your domain name?
- It establishes the brand name: An exemplary domain name raises brand awareness and encourages customers to stay with you.
- It gives your website credibility: Your domain is the first thing your visitors will notice. Your website will appear more professional with an excellent domain name.
- It boosts click-through rates (CTR): A decent domain name can help raise search traffic and increase the click-through rate (CTR).
The impact that your domain has on the SEO and search rankings.
Your domain can affect your SEO and search rankings in two ways:
What is an SEO-optimized domain name?
An SEO-optimized domain name is one that presents your website and informs search engines and users about its purpose, as well as the products and services it provides. Such domains are more likely to stand out and click on search result lists. As a result, choosing the correct domain name can help you target your audience while improving your search engine rankings.
How to choose an SEO Optimized domain name?
- Use top-level domain extensions (TLDs): It is very important to understand why a domain is being purchased and what extension best suits the purpose of business. There are more than 1000 extensions to pick from the domain name system, making it difficult to make a decision.
W3Techs reports that the “.com” suffix appears on more than 49% of all domain names. Creators can also use other popular domain extensions such as “.net”, “.org”, “.edu”, “.info”, and so on. Extensions of top-level domains are SEO Optimized to make it search engine friendly.
“.com,” “.net,” “.org,” and “.edu” are the most popular domain extensions.
- .com – A.com domain is reserved for commercial enterprises or profitable websites.
- .net stands for “networking,” and it was established for network-related websites.
- .edu – This extension is typically used by educational websites.
- .org – This extension is mainly used by non-profit organizations.
Choose domain names that can be used to build a brand. It is a matter of question that some widely known websites appear higher in search results than brand-new sites; what may be the reason behind this? The reason is simple; they are a brand known to the world instead of being just a website. ‘Brand signals’ are used by search engines like Google / Internet Explorer to display articles from high-quality websites.
What, on the other hand, makes a domain name brandable? Some important considerations must be taken :
- Use a brandable name that is unique and may or may not have a specific meaning.
- It must be pretty straightforward and simple to memorize.
- It should be a simple word to say.
- It must be unique and distinct by itself so that it stand ahead of the competition.
- Adding related and short descriptive keywords may be very useful. But when a new domain main sounds like a brand, it is an added advantage.
3. Make your domain name as brief as possible.
The domain name should be as brief as feasible. Short domain names are simple to remember and pronounce. According to a survey, the most common domain name length is around 12 characters. SEO Optimized experts recommend that the domain must be between 6 and 14 characters long.
4. Keep your domain name free of hyphens and numbers.
When choosing a domain name for SEO, hyphens and numbers should always be avoided. It’s more difficult to say because of the hyphens and numerals. When looking for a domain name for a new website, keep it simple and avoid using hyphens or digits.
What if the name included any hyphens or digits, such as “goo-gle.com” or “Number1google.com”? Of course, the firm would not have grown as quickly.
5. Make it simple to type and remember.
Finding an easy-to-remember domain name is critical for internet success. It is pretty difficult for visitors to type a complex domain name. It is also difficult for them to recall.
For difficult names, when your users wish to return to your website, your domain name will confuse them, and if they input it incorrectly, they will end up on another website. Not to mention that you will lose visitors and revenue this way.
When we compare with a brand, we see they all have one thing in common: they are all easy to spell.
6. Avoid using letters that are repeated.
Another thing to remember when buying a domain is to avoid using repeated letters. Keep it simple at all times.
Most people will mistype your domain name and move to another site if your domain has repeated letters. The majority of desirable domain names have already been taken. However, just because your firm is in the same category doesn’t mean you should utilize the same brand name or replicate the letters.
7. Use domain name generators to come up with new domain names.
It’s no surprise that most good domain names have already been taken. Fortunately, there is a method for producing hundreds of thousands of domain names. This is where a domain name generator can help.
- A domain name generator, in essence, adds relevant and most prevalent suffixes automatically.
- Domain name generators helps the creators come up with new domain names. A domain name must be search engine friendly so that it is benefitial for the site.
8. Include a keyword in the domain name
Keywords are crucial when it comes to search engine optimizatiohttps://www.crawlyourlink.com/category/search-engine-optimization/n (SEO).
You usually include keywords in the title, meta description, URL, and numerous times inside the article for a page on your site, for example.
Why not include a term in the domain name?
It has no SEO benefits, but it may increase your search traffic by encouraging more people to click on your listing.
- Make a list of a few domain names that suit your business before registering one.
- If necessary, you can also use a domain name generation tool.
- Also, use the most popular extensions while registering your domain.
SEO experts advise against using adjectives like best, top, and similar terms in domain names. Because it isn’t the best if one has to tell them it is. Remember that authority is earned, not purchased.
10. Effortless while ranking
It should be unique and straightforward to rank. You may run a Google search for your brand name to see what resources are ranking for it.
Meta description: Choosing SEO optimized domain name is a difficult task. There are numerous considerations to make. A brand can be created after some basic work is done and thus increases search traffic by selecting a perfect domain name.
Also Read :
Header tags also referred to as heading tags, are mainly used to divide the headings and subheadings that we use and see on any web page. Depending on the significance, these tags are represented from H1 to H6. The header tags help increase a web page’s ranking and readability during a query raised in any search engine.
When we write “H” while representing H1, H2, etc., it denotes the “heading element.” In SEO language, these are referred to as “header tags.”
What are H1 or heading tags?
The H1 is an HTML tag indicating the heading of a website.
Let us simplify it:
- HTML: is the abbreviation for Hypertext Markup Language. This is the language and is technical and used to construct web pages on most websites.
- Tag: An HTML tag is a fragmented code instructing your web browser to display the content.
- The heading tag is H1; depending on the significance, these headers are divided.
H1 — It represents the post’s title. They’re usually keyword-focused, on a webpage or post’s “main concept,” and written to pique a reader’s interest. Many various tactics are used in good SEO. Another significant aspect of “on-page SEO” is HTML to format the page. H1 tags on your pages are an essential element of this. It’s critical to understand how to use these H1 tags because they’re one of your site’s most essential search engine ranking elements.
Heading tags in HTML are used to format your page’s headings in order of priority. The H1 tag is the first one on the page, and it tells search engines what to expect from the rest of the page.
To elaborate on what an HTML tag is, HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a website-building language. An HTML tag is a simple code that directs a search engine (such as Google) to display the material on a page.
How to write H1 tags?
An H1 tag is produced by sandwiching the heading between two lines of HTML formatting, as shown below:
- <h1>the content comes here <h1>
- <h1> informs the search engine that the tag begins here, and <h1> informs the search engine that the tag ends here.
What is the importance of H1 tags?
In SEO, H1 tags are essential. It’s the second-most crucial ranking element, according to SEO experts.
- H1s stand out on the page because of their size, and they inform readers about what they may expect to see on the remaining page.
- Over time, SEO has evolved to focus more on accessibility and usability and provide a positive experience to the readers, rather than simply meeting all of the technical requirements. An H1 tag, unlike an HTML title tag, does not just instruct search engines or web pages what to display. However, it impacts the user experience, which is crucial for SEO.
- The page title is essentially the H1 tag. The title tag appears on search engine results pages, whereas the H1 tag appears on the page itself. Many individuals utilize the same HTML title tag – H1 so that when a user clicks through to the website, everything matches, and the user lands on that particular webpage and the ranking of the page.
- H1 tags that are appropriately chosen and formatted can significantly impact how well your content ranks in search engines and how well searchers respond to it.
- Through the header, the search gets simplified and streamlined. Readers can enable shortcuts to jump between marked headers, navigation easier.
- Another reason headers are crucial for SEO is that they let users traverse the page more quickly.
SEO Best Practices for the H1 Tag
- The H1 tag should be the same as the page title or minor differences because CMS is set up in this manner.
- The keywords must be present in the heading. The keywords must be present in both the header and the title. Tactfully, the main keyword must be used in the title, and related keywords can be used in H1 if the content creator has a different title and heading.
- It is important to remember very long headings must be strictly avoided as they must not exceed 65 characters. Instead, the short heading must be made descriptive.
- It is essential that the H1 tag is accessible and readable to searchers and not hidden. Some themes in WordPress generate H1 tags, but these hide the keywords. Further, the users cannot see the page in the related search.
- The presentation and the style of the H1 should be distinct from the remaining headings.
- Organize your headings in a hierarchical order; otherwise, you risk confusing both search engines and users. If we simplify the words, the <h1> tag should be first in the HTML code, followed by h2, h3, and so on.
- Only one H1 tag must be there on a page to avoid confusion.
- The user’s intent should be reflected in the H1 tags. If the user does not find the H1 tags interesting, they will leave the page, negatively impacting the SEO, and the customer is lost.
Evolution trend of using the H1 tags:
Google’s algorithms are updated regularly, affecting the ranking of the web pages. It should be taken into account that H1 headings have changed throughout time, as have the best practices for using them. According to the earlier method, you were only intended to have one H1 per page. The H1 should have been the most prominent text on the page, including the long-tail keyword. Still, the recent update says to increase the CTR and the ranking, and the H1 tags must be catchy, descriptive, user friendly yet short ( kept within 65to 120 characters); otherwise, it is not reflected in the search engine.
Bottom Line: H1 tags should be used on all of your site’s primary pages to pull the reader in and give a clear indicator of the page’s content. It can significantly impact SEO performance if you have great H1 tags, especially if they match your title tags.
What are meta keywords tags?
On a webpage, we notice a specific category of tags in the HTML code and direct the search engine to the topic on which the webpage is focusing and based; these particular tags are called meta keyword tags.
In simple terms, meta keywords tags are generally used to provide relevant information in a summary form about a page or a site to the search engines. Typically, they are present on the main page of any website and grab the searchers’ attention while scrawling down the search engines.
One should not get confused between keywords and meta keyword tags, and both are different. The primary distinguishing character between the two are meta keywords do not appear live or visible instead, it acts as a summarizer behind the page. In comparison, keywords appear on the webpage.
Therefore it is essential that while we select and optimize the meta keywords, the chosen keywords must reflect and highlight simultaneously summarize the contents of the webpage. Meta keywords must be prompt and clear instead of jamming in the web traffic. Since we are in the digital world, there are multiple pages with almost similar information. The meta keyword tags play a vital role here, and searchers generally look in for unique, prompt, clear, and accurate information matching their search without wasting much time. They must also enhance the CTR(Click-through rate ) of the webpage.
Even though there has been a noticeable setback in the role of the meta keywords in the SEO than earlier, still taking meta keywords lightly while working on an SEO-based webpage will be one foolish act. Title tags are more in trend, along with meta description tags showing excellent results in the Google algorithm. Meta keywords act as the communication bridge between the searcher and the web page, attracting the search engine result page.
The importance of meta keyword tags
- Some site owners and marketers could not understand the importance of the meta keywords and resulted in abusing the usage. The process resulted in devaluing the meta keywords by Google and other search engines. Although what was the actual reason behind the fall in the importance of the usage of meta keywords is still not clear. It is assumed that this was the fault of the developers who would duplicate the keywords or the phrases stuffing in the code, thereby diluting the information accuracy and trust in the search results. Ranking algorithm tactics are generally secret, for which still it is unclear how closely the system examines the meta keywords.
- Some search engines like Bing and a few more rely on meta keywords. They also hint that meta keywords can be maximum used as spam signals that differentiate a page’s quality content. The internet’s one of the largest and widely used Russian search engines is Yandex has also stated that meta keywords help determine the relevance of a page during any search query.
- Some time back, a survey was organized by SEM Pro for the search engine marketers to know the usage of meta keywords. The statistics gave a report that up to 70% gave a positive response on the usage of Meta keywords. And there was almost no report stating there is no use of the meta keywords as the meta keywords focus on the contents of the webpage, so there is a high chance it may target the potential searcher or the customer.
- Recent studies state meta keyword tags are generally not used by most popular CMS. Some internal search systems built on Elastic search that use meta keywords tags are also used for internal tagging systems.
- Meta keywords are also helpful while researching the competitors as they provide the seed keywords used by the competitors while doing the keyword research.
- The best reason for using the meta keywords freezes down to internal search and internal tagging.
- It also increases the collaboration opportunity amongst the team and other teams to improvise the page’s contents or update the same. Knowing the internal tagging also prevents multiple members of any team from focusing on the same targeted keywords.
How to use meta keywords tags in the website?
The manner in which we design and incorporate the meta keywords in the content of the webpage plays a crucial role. It may be incorporated manually or with the help of software.
The important aspect while doing this is selecting the keywords. It must be relevant to the specific webpage.
The number of meta keywords that we can use is also essential and decided before starting the work. We must also strictly avoid—unnecessary use of duplicate keywords. According to experts’ opinion, more than ten meta keywords on a page may negatively impact the website.
Other important aspects that we have to keep in mind are:
Misspellings: One of the best practices here is to include misspellings in the meta tags, which indicates the search engine about the relevance of the search query regarding the webpage.
Long-Tail Keywords: Google has set the number of characters that should be used. The keywords must be specific, relevant, and unique. Use of similar keywords or phrases should be avoided; better to use a variation in the keyword, else it looks like spamming.
Result of the SERP: The reason behind the landing of the particular webpage by the searcher amongst the search engine result pages must be maintained. Meta keywords act as the best player in these cases. We can use tools for a keyword search to check the data and analytics. The type of words that the searchers may use while researching a type of content should be used as the meta keywords to increase the click-through rate. The entire process also enables the ranking of the page.
Since there is a gradual shift in the trend from using meta keyword tags in websites towards title tags and meta description tags, proper planning and implementation of the meta keywords after thorough research is fundamental for holding the interest of the searcher and further recommendations.
What is a Meta description tag ?
An attribute that lies within the meta tags and helps to describe a web page is a meta description tag in SEO. It acts as a small fragment of any text noticed under the headline in any search engine results. Sometimes, there is a chance that some snippets of text are shown from the context of the webpage by the search engine.
Meta description tags of a webpage can be seen by right click on a webpage and after that selecting “view source page,” or the user can even choose “View source,” both meaning the same.
The information generated through a meta tag serves a few essential purposes. It reflects even text fragments on the search engine result page(SERP) when a user has landed on the web page fulfilling the query it is specialized. The meta description tags here provide brief information on the search engine and enable the user to click and land on the webpage amongst other similar pages.
The meta description tag must maintain the character criteria mentioned by Google. Initially, it was 160 or fewer characters, but now Google has extended the length of the permissible characters. Currently, any meta description tag can be optimized for 275 characters. It plays a significant role in search engine optimization and ranking as the text’s meta description tags are reflected in the summary page in a search engine.
Guide to write the best Meta Description tags
It is essential to maintain some basic points while creating a proper meta description tag :
• Using the targeted keywords and initial research on it is the first step for a reasonable meta description tag.
• Same data should never be used multiple times, even if it is for a different page. They must be hyper-relevant to the required contents of the page.
• It must be a proper communication bridge between the user and the SERP, thereby meeting the search’s urgency and being beneficial to the user.
• It must be compelling to the user and attract their attention.
Shorter meta descriptions: They are preferred over the long ones. Long sentences may confuse the reader. More short sentences than one long sentence hold the reader’s interest and make the content clear. Users generally scan the SERP for clear statements answering their requirements. Meta descriptions must be created accordingly.
The impact on the topic: The topic of the website must be summarized such that the CTR draws the attention of the reader on the landing page. It must give the reader a feeling that he will get the required information clearly and waste no time.
The use of keywords: The targeted keywords must be used on the landing page with the relevant information. Because when this is fulfilled, the search engine automatically highlights these words in the snippet, indirectly affecting the ranking algorithm.
Creating uniqueness: it must be designed in such a way that every description is unique and not just the title. Duplicate meta descriptions must be avoided, as when a plugin is used for automatically generating the description words, the duplicate words get noticed.
Role of unique character: Though the search engine allows using special characters with the help of HTML codes in the description, excessive use must strictly be avoided. One important reason being the search engine shows an entity (“…”), and readers may not even click on the page.
The Importance of Meta Description tags:
A generic term for meta description tag is attribute tag. It is an HTML indicator acting as a summary and a short description for the contents used in the web page from which the user and the search engine benefit. It indirectly helps in the ranking of the webpage and plays an essential role in search engine optimization.
Research that Google announced in 2009 meta descriptions or the meta keywords does not play a role in the Google algorithm for the ranking criteria. Instead, it helps in the Click-through-rate (CTR), which indirectly helps in the ranking algorithm. Therefore, meta descriptions cannot be overlooked entirely while creating SEO-friendly pages.
We can say meta descriptions act as advertisement copy for any webpage. It draws the attention of the users’ to the particular webpage or website, acting as a marketing tool in the search engine.
An eye-catchy and informative description that will go with the reader’s requirement is essential because it reflects the essential keywords that increase the CTR. Meta descriptions must therefore be crafted intelligently, being non-spammy.
Another essential aspect that has to be kept in mind is that for increasing the CTR in any other search engine, especially in Google, the keywords are bold when it matches with the query raised by the user as to when in bold it draws more attention.
Using double Quotation marks should be avoided: Since Google cuts off any quotation marks used in the meta description of the HTML or other search engines, the use of it must be avoided. The experts recommend that non-alphanumeric characters in meta descriptions should be avoided. If quotation marks are unavoidable in the meta description in such cases, to prevent truncation, it is best to use an HTML entity.
In case the search engine finds that the meta description is irrelevant or has negligible relevance during a search, the search engine may summarize the information instead of highlighting the targeted one. Therefore, to prevent this, the meta description must be created to understand and fulfill the SEO requirements. More than one description is preferred, but it must be unique yet informative.
With a high-quality meta description tag, the website traffic can be increased since the relevant information provided in the snippet enables the user to click on the URL and land on the page. Once the reader enters the page, the page’s contents must match the meta tags to hold on to the reader’s interest. In another way also this will be helpful, as the reader will revisit the webpage because it satisfied the quest for the search and thereby help in the ranking of the page.
Search Engine Optimization increases website traffic. Minute details that may seem irrelevant play an essential role in the ranking of a website while searching for a search engine. Title tags sometimes get overlooked, which plays a pivotal role in search engine optimization. For simplicity, we can compare it with the title of a book. Title tags are regarded as HTML indicators. That is what enables the user and the search engine to label a webpage.
Meta tags represent the webpage title that is found in the main section of the webpage. Meta tags are noticed in the title bar of the browser window. When we click on the headline, just above the URL of any website, we see a blue text at which we click to navigate to the webpage. We find the title tag, which is actually in the search engine results pages.
Role of a Title tag
To be popular in the search engine and remain in the top-ranking position, the title tag must be informative and eye-catching. Title tags play an essential part in the search engine results page.
• The primary role of any title tag or a meta title tag is to act as a headline that will summarize the contents of a page.
• It is the meta tag that catches the user’s attention to click and land on a particular webpage in the search engine results page. Meta tags are what hold the attention to stay and get the information required.
• The meta tag in simplified terms can be said as an HTML tag that helps identify the title of any web page and plays a vital role in the SEO strategy. SEO checker helps to identify the title tags.
• There may arise a generalized query about using the title tag if the user leaves the webpage. This is very important as it is the title tag that keeps the webpage amongst the top list in the browser tabs. The title tag constantly keeps reflecting the information included in the webpage, thereby enhancing the user interest.
• Title tags help to return to the main search page. The title tags also tell the major purpose or the relevance of a page in Google’s algorithm.
How to write SEO-friendly title tags?
It is essential to plan an SEO-friendly title tag following a few simple tricks.
Any search engine page looks for a high-quality page relevant to the user requirement for the search. And this can be done by simply optimizing the title tag.
Capitalizing the meta tags to maximize higher rankings plays an important role in the SERP. Some simple steps need to be followed to create an SEO friendly and effective title tag :
- Using Keyword: There must be proper placement of the keywords, the most important and the targeted keywords at the starting and the last ones.
- Relevance: Title tags must give an overlook of the page’s description. It should be clear with accurate information.
- Length: The title tag must be short. It is recommended that it should not exceed 60 characters as Google generally displays 50 to 60 characters. Therefore, long title tags are cut short by the search engines themselves and are represented by ellipsis as “…” Even the character’s space plays an important role. Experts suggest using small letters instead of capital ones to save space.
- Avoid overrating the SEO keywords: Stuffing the title just with the keywords may also be a problem. Using repeat variations of keywords loses the user interest. Even the search engines are aware of the unnecessary repetitions.
- Adding Modifiers: One can use modifiers in the title, which improvises in the higher ranking for versions with long tails of the targeted keywords.
- Proper placement of the title tag in a <H1> tag: The headline tag is the H1 tag. The CMS (Content Management Systems) must be designed so that the H1 tag is added automatically in the blog post’s title. Therefore the title tag must be present in the <H1> tag.
- Naming differently for each page: Uniqueness makes each page different and noticed by the users. The CMS appreciates unique titles given for every page. This is especially important for an e-commerce website. Or the sites with multiple pages and numerous databases. Using the generic names in the title tag loses the significance of the title tag. Besides, the search engine impacts the same information repeatedly on the page or sites sharing similar information, which does not attract the user.
- Repetition of title tags: It is important to keep in mind that one uses different title tags on different pages. Using the same title tag on different pages means overstuffing the same information.
- Separating the keywords: The keywords, especially the targeted ones, should be separated by commas or vertical lines. Similarly, underscore, semicolon, or other signs should be used while using phrases.
- Maintaining Simplicity: The phrases used or the title tags used must be simple to understand yet eye-catchy to create instant interest in the webpage. Another important thing is to avoid too much use of prepositions.
- Avoiding the name of the company or the website: The name of the company or highlighting the name of the website in the title tag must be avoided, especially if the name is not very recognized or a popular one. This does not share any information, and the user may feel that lack of relevant information is the reason behind stuffing unnecessary words.
The title tags and the meta tags act as the bridge of communication between the user and the web page. The structure in which the page is built thus helps to maintain the highest hierarchy. The title tag builds in the traffic and helps to drive a conversation. It is one important factor that helps to remain in the ranking. It is recommended that the title HTML title tag must be clear and prompt to enhance the search engine algorithm.
Hire Best Seo agency from Mumbai now – Contact us now
Question is how to do negative SEO on Google ?
Many Seo experts are finding that it is not so easy to achieve the desired rankings in the major search engines. Not only are they undercutting their sites with negative SEO but they are doing so at considerable cost to themselves.
If you’re looking to do negative SEO on Google, there are a number of things you should bear in mind.
What is negative Seo ?
Negative SEO is the practice of deliberately pushing your site in an extremely negative way.
It has long been known that Google does not like negative keywords. Hence, the reasons why negative search engine marketing is such a popular technique.
why it is so popular stems from the fact that most people use Google to find out information about a product or service.
They do this by searching for the product or service. The more negative keywords you have in your site, the better chance you will have of appearing towards the top of the results.
Negative SEO can work for or against you. In some cases, the results will be positive but in other cases, negative SEO can work in your favour.
Using negative SEO is that they can get your site banned. Google has been known to ban websites that use negative SEO techniques.
If you want to do some negative SEO, you must ensure that all negative keywords you use are relevant to your site. You also need to ensure that your site is optimized so that it will appear towards the top of the results.
However, the downside of using negative SEO is that it has some serious knock-offs. For instance, some of the search engine results that show up are actually sites that are spam sites.
These will not only get your site banned, they will also cause you a lot of traffic problems. It may even turn off potential customers.
In addition, you will be wasting your time trying to promote your site and money trying to make it work.
There are also many advantages of using negative SEO. Not only is it usually quicker to increase your rankings than to use positive SEO, but it is also much cheaper. The results are also noticeable within a matter of days. This can be extremely important if you are trying to make some sales or grow your business.
You can see how fast you can increase your ranking when you implement negative keywords onto your site. In addition, it will also improve the design of your website and make it far more attractive to potential customers.
However, if you are looking to do negative SEO on Google, you need to know what to do and how to do it correctly. As mentioned above, there are some advantages but you should also use common sense and make sure that you are not wasting time and money.
Also, you should remember that negative keywords that appear on your website should always be used sparingly. This will ensure that your rankings are not affected too much and you will still be able to benefit from having high search engine results pages.
Types Of Negative Seo Attacks
There are several types of negative Seo attacks on your website.
- Hacking a website
Hacking refers to recognizing the weakness of the website and exploiting the website of the company which can drank the website of competitors from search engines. They use tools like spamming and malware which will damage your website. If someone does to your site it Effect of hacking can cost you a lot like SEO spam score will get an increase, Redirect URLs will be created on your sites, malicious code, blacklisted backlinks will be automatically generated on websites.
2. Toxic & Spam Backlinks with spammy anchor text pointing to a website
Paid link building, link farming, Created links from an automated software and Pbn sites blogs with high spam score backlink linking to our domain.
3. Scraping content from the website
The Content scraped from a competitor or blog website can create big trouble for you. After scraping an article you will publish that article at different sites and link that your websites So definitely google algorithms can punish your site. Seo noobs do that when they are not experienced.
4. Fake Reviews
5: Send out fake removal request of removing website links through webmaster
Final thoughts What you should do ?
Of course, if you don’t do negative SEO on your website then this is unlikely to affect your rankings at all. But it never hurts to have them, as they can be used in moderation.
Furthermore, remember that if you are doing negative SEO on your site which is also used by other sites around the Internet, this can actually harm your own rankings.
So you should keep your keywords to a minimum and try to use the best possible words which accurately describe your site and its content. If you are not sure how to do negative SEO on Google, then you should ask a professional.
Gray hat SEO helps you improve your search engine ranking by doing white and black hat SEO on google.
Gray hat SEO is a way to increase the ranking of our website by doing white hat SEO and black hat SEO it is riskier but if need improvement on search ranking you can do that without breaking the guidelines of Google or other search engines.
Gray hat seo techniques includes
- Purchasing old domain and linking to them
- Duplicate content – the worst way but sometimes it helps
- Buying links at huge number and linking to our website.
- Hidden keywords in website.
- Spin articles
- Over keyword stuffing
Is that good for the website ?
We cannot define gray hat SEO, the illegal activities will increase the site ranking and performance but also cost you a negative consequence of losing all the improvement at once. The interest in performance can cost you very badly sometimes and it totally depends on the search marketer.
Find a safe way for your business that is always on the best side.
Hire crawl my line for better results today.
What is Black hat SEO?
This podcast is brought to you by crawlmyline.com. The place where we help you to develop your own brand with the help of our quality work and our team of professionals.
It is an emerging strategy for website optimization, which utilizes strategies like spamdexing, link farming, keyword stuffing, and other similar strategies to manipulate search engines and gain a higher ranking.
It’s an unethical tactic, characterized by a wide range of methods used to gain rankings, but has no effect on the ranking algorithm itself.
It is the deliberate, systematic manipulation of web engines to gain a higher ranking in search results using a variety of methods that are surreptitiously employed by some websites.
Some Commons Tactics and Practices are :
- Content Spinning and automation
- Doorway Pages at websites
- Hidden Text or Links in websites
- Unusual Keyword Stuffing and repetition of keywords while on-page SEO
- Reporting a Competitor (or Negative SEO)
- Sneaky Redirects
- Link Schemes
- Guest Posting Networks -PBN websites
- Link Manipulation
- Article Spinning
- Link farming, spamdexing, or Link Networks
- Rich Snippet Markup Spam
- Automated Queries to Google
- Duplicate content Created for pages, subdomains, or domains.
- Malware and trojans website.
Black hat SEO tactics are considered deceptive because they intentionally use dishonest tactics to climb the search engine rankings.
One might think that these practices wouldn’t fly in today’s society because of all the search engines’ safeguards. Well, you’d be wrong.
The rise of social media and blogging has also made it easier to communicate with a targeted audience, which makes a website more appealing to the general public.
This may sound bad on the surface but the truth is that SEO techniques used today are very similar to those used centuries ago.
Some of the methods used today are actually not that different from those used back in the day.
It is just that black hat SEO strategies tend to use dishonest methods to achieve the top search rankings.
There is a lot of debate about whether or not this type of online marketing is unethical, but many people feel that it is. If a website is using techniques that are deemed unethical, the search engines like Google and others will deem it unacceptable.
So it really comes down to the standard of acceptable online behavior. Of course, you can still have good black hat SEO while following the standards of how to develop quality content.
While black hat practices are frowned upon by most people, they are still commonly used.
A lot of companies believe that if they follow the guidelines laid out by the various search engines like Google, they won’t have to deal with any problems. While that may be true in some cases, it is certainly not always true.
By getting into the gray hat tactics, you could be taking a huge risk with your company’s reputation.
Hire a Professional Seo Company :
The best way to make sure that you don’t accidentally break any webmaster guidelines set out by Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines is to hire a professional SEO company.
By hiring a professional SEO company, you can rest assured that the techniques you are practicing are within the search engines’ rules.
So even if some of your strategies do get approved, chances are that Google, Yahoo, and other search engines will not be punishing you for it.
On the other hand, if you do it on your own without any help, you could find yourself in big trouble.
Thank you for listening for more ifs and buts reach out to us, visit www.crawlmyline.com
White hat SEO tends to be preferred by many webmasters because it is more natural. It does not involve any Black hat techniques which would be termed as unethical or even illegal. What is also unique about this is that it always improves the search ranking of a website.
Some of the White hat seo method if it follows the following are :
- Of it confirms to the search engine guidelines
- If it does not involves any description
- it ensures that the content a search engine indexes and subsequently ranks is the same content a user will see.
- It ensures that Web page content should have been created for the users and not just for the search engines.
- It ensures the good quality of the web pages
- it ensures the useful content available on the web pages
- Always follow a white hat SEO tactic and don’t try to fool your site visitors. Be honest and definitely you will get something more
Why use a white hat seo?
Why not go for the black hat techniques which would hurt your ranking in SERPs?
There are many reasons for these questions.
One is because one might think that ranking is the sole purpose of optimization but it is not.
Of course, you want your website to have good rankings but that is not the only reason why you optimize a website.
You do it because you want to get better traffic which will, in turn, bring in more profit.
So what is white hat SEO?
White hat means original and this is achieved through strategic keyword usage.
Search engines are looking for content that is not only relevant to the keyword but also fresh. So the main thing that a Search Engine can see in a site is relevant content and fresh content, which are updated regularly.
But just how can you achieve the original content?
In order to get a good rank in search engine results pages (SERPs), it is important that you employ white hat techniques.
This will ensure that your website will receive fresh and relevant content.
Also, your website will not be penalized for utilizing black hat strategies such as over-optimization.
Better search rankings is by using ethical techniques of SEO.
These techniques include proper keyword extraction from your articles, writing original and unique articles based on your keywords, building link popularity, and ensuring that your site is not banned by search engines.
All of these techniques will improve your website rankings.
The quality of your website content is a major factor behind search engine ranking. The more quality articles you produce, the better it will be for your site’s rankings.
So, what does all this have to do with white hat seo techniques?
If your website is built around a particular theme,
Dog training, then you may want to focus on this topic and make sure that you produce high-quality content.
This will ensure that your marketing campaign will reap benefits in the long term.
A good strategy for this would be to start building links to your site while at the same time producing quality content.
By doing this you will build trust and over time this will lead to more sales.
More benefit of white hat techniques is that you will find that the results are likely to remain for longer than those that come via black hat techniques.
This is because the above-mentioned techniques are designed to provide relevant content and the keywords used are also likely to stick.
Black hat strategies such as link harvesting or buying links are less likely to remain for long as they will ultimately prove to be unsuccessful.
This is because the user is not able to relate to the content and will in turn click off without clicking on any links.
This is not good for your ranking as the quality of your site will suffer and more importantly, you will not receive any traffic.
Hire your best SEO agency in Mumbai for better and more successful Seo campaigns.