Uploading your song to Spotify is a straightforward process that you can complete in just a few steps. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to upload your song to Spotify:
- Sign up for a Spotify for Artists account: If you don’t already have a Spotify for Artists account, sign up for one by visiting artists.spotify.com. You will need to provide some basic information about yourself and your music.
- Verify your account: Once you have signed up, you will need to verify your account by providing some additional information, such as your social media links and your artist bio.
- Navigate to the “Music” tab: Once your account is verified, navigate to the “Music” tab on your Spotify for Artists dashboard.
- Click “Upload”: Click the “Upload” button to begin the upload process.
- Choose your audio file: Choose the audio file that you want to upload. The file must be in .mp3 format and no larger than 200MB.
- Enter your song information: Enter the title of your song, the artist’s name, the release date, and other relevant information.
- Upload your artwork: Upload the artwork that you want to use for your song. The artwork must be in .jpeg format and at least 640 x 640 pixels.
- Preview your song: Preview your song to make sure it sounds the way you want it to.
- Submit your song: Once you are happy with everything, submit your song for review. Spotify will review your song to make sure it meets its quality standards.
- Wait for approval: It typically takes a few days for Spotify to review your song and make it available on the platform.
Once your song is approved, it will be available on Spotify for users to stream and discover. Be sure to promote your song on your social media channels and other platforms to help it gain traction and reach a wider audience.
To upload your song to Spotify Step 2
Uploading your music to Spotify through a distribution services company is a great way to get your music out to a wider audience. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Choose a distribution service: There are several distribution services available online that can help you upload your music to Spotify, such as DistroKid, TuneCore, CD Baby, etc. Choose a service that suits your needs and budget.
- Create an account: Once you have chosen a distribution service, create an account with them. You may need to provide some personal and payment information.
- Upload your music: Follow the instructions provided by the distribution service to upload your music. You will need to provide your music file in a specific format, such as WAV or MP3, and also provide information about the song, such as the title, artist name, album name, and artwork.
- Review and confirm: After you have uploaded your music, review the information you have provided and make any necessary changes. Once you are satisfied, confirm that you want to distribute your music to Spotify.
- Wait for approval: The distribution service will send your music to Spotify for approval. This process can take several days to several weeks, depending on Spotify’s workload.
- Release your music: Once your music has been approved by Spotify, it will be released on the platform. You can then promote your music and start building your audience.
- Monitor your earnings: You will earn royalties from your music based on the number of streams it receives on Spotify. Check your distribution service’s dashboard to monitor your earnings.
That’s it! By following these steps, you can upload your music to Spotify and start reaching a wider audience.