Search Engine Optimization increases website traffic. Minute details that may seem irrelevant play an essential role in the ranking of a website while searching for a search engine. Title tags sometimes get overlooked, which plays a pivotal role in search engine optimization. For simplicity, we can compare it with the title of a book. Title tags are regarded as HTML indicators. That is what enables the user and the search engine to label a webpage.
Meta tags represent the webpage title that is found in the main section of the webpage. Meta tags are noticed in the title bar of the browser window. When we click on the headline, just above the URL of any website, we see a blue text at which we click to navigate to the webpage. We find the title tag, which is actually in the search engine results pages.
Role of a Title tag
To be popular in the search engine and remain in the top-ranking position, the title tag must be informative and eye-catching. Title tags play an essential part in the search engine results page.
• The primary role of any title tag or a meta title tag is to act as a headline that will summarize the contents of a page.
• It is the meta tag that catches the user’s attention to click and land on a particular webpage in the search engine results page. Meta tags are what hold the attention to stay and get the information required.
• The meta tag in simplified terms can be said as an HTML tag that helps identify the title of any web page and plays a vital role in the SEO strategy. SEO checker helps to identify the title tags.
• There may arise a generalized query about using the title tag if the user leaves the webpage. This is very important as it is the title tag that keeps the webpage amongst the top list in the browser tabs. The title tag constantly keeps reflecting the information included in the webpage, thereby enhancing the user interest.
• Title tags help to return to the main search page. The title tags also tell the major purpose or the relevance of a page in Google’s algorithm.
How to write SEO-friendly title tags?
It is essential to plan an SEO-friendly title tag following a few simple tricks.
Any search engine page looks for a high-quality page relevant to the user requirement for the search. And this can be done by simply optimizing the title tag.
Capitalizing the meta tags to maximize higher rankings plays an important role in the SERP. Some simple steps need to be followed to create an SEO friendly and effective title tag :
- Using Keyword: There must be proper placement of the keywords, the most important and the targeted keywords at the starting and the last ones.
- Relevance: Title tags must give an overlook of the page’s description. It should be clear with accurate information.
- Length: The title tag must be short. It is recommended that it should not exceed 60 characters as Google generally displays 50 to 60 characters. Therefore, long title tags are cut short by the search engines themselves and are represented by ellipsis as “…” Even the character’s space plays an important role. Experts suggest using small letters instead of capital ones to save space.
- Avoid overrating the SEO keywords: Stuffing the title just with the keywords may also be a problem. Using repeat variations of keywords loses the user interest. Even the search engines are aware of the unnecessary repetitions.
- Adding Modifiers: One can use modifiers in the title, which improvises in the higher ranking for versions with long tails of the targeted keywords.
- Proper placement of the title tag in a <H1> tag: The headline tag is the H1 tag. The CMS (Content Management Systems) must be designed so that the H1 tag is added automatically in the blog post’s title. Therefore the title tag must be present in the <H1> tag.
- Naming differently for each page: Uniqueness makes each page different and noticed by the users. The CMS appreciates unique titles given for every page. This is especially important for an e-commerce website. Or the sites with multiple pages and numerous databases. Using the generic names in the title tag loses the significance of the title tag. Besides, the search engine impacts the same information repeatedly on the page or sites sharing similar information, which does not attract the user.
- Repetition of title tags: It is important to keep in mind that one uses different title tags on different pages. Using the same title tag on different pages means overstuffing the same information.
- Separating the keywords: The keywords, especially the targeted ones, should be separated by commas or vertical lines. Similarly, underscore, semicolon, or other signs should be used while using phrases.
- Maintaining Simplicity: The phrases used or the title tags used must be simple to understand yet eye-catchy to create instant interest in the webpage. Another important thing is to avoid too much use of prepositions.
- Avoiding the name of the company or the website: The name of the company or highlighting the name of the website in the title tag must be avoided, especially if the name is not very recognized or a popular one. This does not share any information, and the user may feel that lack of relevant information is the reason behind stuffing unnecessary words.
The title tags and the meta tags act as the bridge of communication between the user and the web page. The structure in which the page is built thus helps to maintain the highest hierarchy. The title tag builds in the traffic and helps to drive a conversation. It is one important factor that helps to remain in the ranking. It is recommended that the title HTML title tag must be clear and prompt to enhance the search engine algorithm.
Hire Best Seo agency from Mumbai now – Contact us now